Mr Hiroomi Fujinami, from the Product Planning Division at Iris Co Ltd explained the potential they see in China’s developing apparel market: “We’ve seen a growing sense of product value among consumers, which generates increasing demand for higher quality products in the Chinese market. In other words, quality and value are prevailing over price, which we consider a good thing.” So much so, that at the Spring Edition in March 2021, numerous Chinese buyers visited the Japan Pavilion generating contracts worth an estimated total of around JPY 3.5 billion (USD 31.9 million) over three days, according to the pavilion organisers, Japan Fashion Week Organization (JFW).
The Japan Pavilion this October will consist of 36 companies, including two brand new exhibitors. The very best of original Japanese designs will be on display along with exclusively produced natural and polyester fibres. Stand-out qualities for Japanese suppliers has often comprised of their acceptance of small quantity orders and their handling of stock orders with quick delivery times. Some key exhibitors to look out for include:
- Iris Co Ltd (Stand number: 2.1-G65): they will introduce newly-developed made-in-Japan buttons for ladieswear as well as sustainable items as part of their large inventory stockpile that caters to small quantity orders.
- Marusa Co Ltd (Stand number: 2.1-J57): exhibiting for the first time, they will showcase Mino-washi fabric made from a raw material of Japanese paper dating back 1,300 years. It’s an ecological and comfortable fabric with lightweight, deodorising, anti-viral, moisture-absorbing and heat-dissipating properties.
- Nikke Textile Co Ltd (Stand number: 2.1-G57): also making their debut at Intertextile, they will present an almost globally unrivalled item, piece-dyed worsted wool, alongside their ZQ Merino wool series originating from New Zealand, as well as a vintage wool series.
- Suzuki Bleach & Dyeing Co Ltd (Stand number: 2.1-F58): as second-time exhibitors, they will display brushed items, cotton wool and cotton silk fabrics. Reflecting their policy for quality over quantity, they excel at finishing techniques for original textures, particularly for cotton, linen, rayon and silk.
- Uni Textile Co Ltd (Stand number: 2.1-E56): their products will include mélange-like polyester jacquard lace, soft-stretch cardboard knit, chambray vintage taffeta and more, all stocked by the company and offered from a single roll.
The Taiwan Pavilion will feature 15 exhibitors displaying the latest innovative textile and accessories. Highlighted products include world famous lace and embroidery pieces for wedding and high-end dresses, and functional fabrics with antibacterial and hygienic features. Exhibiting companies include:
- Keen Ching Industrial Co Ltd (Stand number: 2.1-C34): they will showcase their range of zipper products including water repellent, invisible, vintage, polyester, metal polished / plated and specialty tape zippers.
- Shu Hong Co Ltd (Stand number: 2.1-C32): they specialise in supplying TPU / PVC / PU / silicon materials which are enriched with 2 / 3D, reflective, luminous and glitter effects in all kinds of designs for heat transfer on shoes, accessories, and rain and trench coat fabrics.
- Wedtex Industrial Corp (Stand number: 2.1-C46): they produce various high-quality lace craftwork such as hand-cording and hand-cornely, multi-colour embroidery, machine beading, sequin embroidery, cording ribbon embroidery and laser-cut embroidery lace.
The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) are the organisers of the Hong Kong Pavilion which will showcase ladieswear, casual wear and functional wear from eight suppliers, with a variety of quality embroidery and high-grade knitted fabrics to be discovered. Two stand-out exhibitors are:
- HongKong Bonvor Industrial Limited (Stand number: 2.1-J52): they specialise in high quality lace and embroidery for apparel, evening dresses and bridal gowns. Their latest products include various mixed cotton, polyester and nylon lace fabric.
- Xiang Tai Textile (HK) Limited (Stand number: 2.1-K52): they produce all kinds of medium to high-grade knitted fabrics like woollen, high-needle, high-density, jacquard woollen, imitation denim, composite cloth and other products, their customers include Porter International, Uniqlo, Ann Taylor, H&M and more.
Organised by the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) and the Korea Fashion Textile Association (KFTA), the Korea Pavilion members will mainly focus on ladieswear, casual wear and functional wear. A variety of fancy and functional fabrics can be found among the 14 exhibitors’ collections, along with velvet, Modal, metallic, Tencel, nylon, rayon, cotton, jacquard, linen, wool, polyester, coated, printed and mixed woven fabrics. A highlighted exhibitor is:
- Frog Co Ltd (Stand number: 2.1-D66): they handle a wide array of printed fabrics such as silk, cotton, polyester, viscose, wool and cashmere with Oeko Tex certified sustainable DTP inks and dye-stuffs. Coach, J. Crew, DKNY, Ralph Lauren and Talbots are among their customers.
Quality European exhibitors are also on offer
Rounding off the country and region pavilions, Milano Unica can be found in SalonEurope alongside suppliers from Switzerland, Turkey, France and the UK to name a few. Milano Unica is in fact returning to Intertextile for the first time since the start of the pandemic and will be formed of 38 exhibitors showcasing products from wool, cotton and functional fabrics to suiting and shirting fabrics. Meanwhile, the very best of made-in-Germany fabrics will be on display at the German zone with a focus on raw materials, finishings, functional textiles and more.
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition will take place alongside Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Autumn Edition, Yarn Expo Autumn, CHIC and PH Value, from 9 – 11 October 2021 at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai).
The fair is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Center. For more details, please visit: http://www.intertextileapparel.com/. To find out more about all Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: www.texpertise-network.com.
Notes to editors:
Download this press release
Further press information & picture material
Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textiles fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
The Messe Frankfurt Group is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Group employs approximately 2,450 people at its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and in 29 subsidiaries around the world. The company generated annual sales of approximately €257 million in 2020 after having recorded sales of €736 million the previous year. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent). For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
- ITSA21-PR6-En (pdf, 265 KB)