“As one of the flagship fairs of Messe Frankfurt’s global Texpertise Network, we believe that Intertextile maintains its status as a strong business platform thanks to its internationality,” said Mr Olaf Schmidt, Vice President of Textiles & Textile Technologies at Messe Frankfurt. “The fashion industry thrives on a global exchange of ideas and innovation. After 25 years, we’re proud to have cultivated a diverse range of suppliers, offering all kinds of apparel textile products, which in turn continuously welcomes visitors from all over the world.”
At a glance: the 2019 Autumn Edition
• Over 4,400 exhibitors from 33 countries & regions.
• SalonEurope (hall 5.1): over 140 exhibitors from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, the UK and more, as well as the Premium Wool Zone and Verve for Design.
• Asian country & region pavilions and zones: hall 4.1 will house India, Taiwan and Pakistan, while hall 5.1 will feature Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Turkey.
• Chinese exhibitors grouped by product end-use (in halls 4.2, 5.2, 6.1, 6.2, 7.1, 7.2 and 8.1).
• Group pavilions: from Button & Garment Accessories Industry Chamber, DuPont, EcoCert, Hyosung, Korea Textile Centre (KTC), Korea Textile Trade Association (KTTA), Lenzing, The LYCRA Company and OEKO-TEX.
• Fringe programme: trend forums, seminars, panel discussions and product presentations
• Concurrent shows: Yarn Expo Autumn, CHIC and PH Value.
International product zones
• Accessories Vision (hall 6.2): a wide range of accessories & products for finishing, with new environmentally-friendly solutions also available. Over 650 overseas and domestic exhibitors will join this zone, with newcomers from Cambodia and South Africa.
• All About Sustainability (hall 5.1): eco-friendly suppliers and testing services will share a space close by to Forum Space, the sustainability-focused area for fringe programme events, including Shanghai’s first FASHIONSUSTAIN conference.
• Beyond Denim (hall 7.2): over 140 overseas and domestic exhibitors will showcase their denim products and technology, with an A/W 2020-21 display zone featuring in this area.
• Digital Printing Zone (hall 4.1): a major trend in the fashion industry, this zone will offer the latest technology and innovation. A Digital Printing Micro Factory will host onsite demonstrations.
• Functional Lab (hall 4.1): a one-stop shop for innovation, this zone is home to the Taiwan Pavilion, Hyosung Pavilion and The LYCRA Company Pavilion, and plenty of functional fabrics for activewear, outdoors wear, intimate wear and protective clothing.
• Premium Wool Zone (hall 5.1): premium craftsmanship meets modern suiting in this zone, where over 20 suppliers will showcase luxury wool, from countries and regions including France, Italy, Hong Kong, Peru and the UK.
• Verve for Design (hall 5.1): 25 design studios, including six newcomers, offer a vibrant market for eye-catching original prints.
Fringe programme: three days of insight
Insight, ideas and innovations will be shared by industry experts. Across halls 4.1 and 5.1, the three-day fringe programme of events will cover four major topics:
• Design & trends @ Textile Dialogue
• Tech & innovation @ Talking Point
• Sustainability @ Forum Space
• Licensing opportunities @ Industry Collaboration
Flexible sourcing options
To meet sourcing demand for fashion between seasons, as well as smaller orders from new designers and companies, exhibitors at Intertextile offer a range of ordering options. These include small MOQs, as well as product-in-stock services, allowing visitors to place orders onsite and receive them quickly. Exhibitors offering such services will be clearly indicated onsite. Prospective visitors can also browse the e-catalogue, which is now available, for a full list of suppliers that can be filtered and shortlisted by the individual.
The fair will be held concurrently with Yarn Expo Autumn, CHIC and PH Value from 25 – 27 September, at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai).
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition 2019 is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre. For more details on this fair, please visit: www.intertextileapparel.com. Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textile fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.
Notes to editors:
Follow Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics on social media
Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textiles fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500 employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €718 million. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com