Beyond Denim exhibitors can submit samples of their denim fabrics for visitors to explore at the display zone. The season’s themes include:
SERENITY: “Nesting at home in a cosy environment is the mood of the moment. Eco-friendliness and sustainability are inherent in casual denim, while corduroy is infused with hemp and Tencel.” Organic cotton, Tencel and linen blends are key to this theme, which focuses on natural fibres and comfort.
RE-MADE: “Fueled by contemporary nostalgia and an obsession with upcycling of past fashion. Saving the planet requires the global intent to reduce, reuse, recycle and remake.” Recycled denim fabrics and vintage effects will give the feeling of upcycled fashion.
CRAFT: “A rich colour palette is gleaned from changing foliage and unique root vegetables. A strong sense of folklore prevails in pattern, fabric and the handiwork of ancient cultural arts and crafts.” Natural dyes and skilled effects such as needle work and applique meet an appreciation for craftsmanship, in this nature-inspired autumnal theme.
NEW AGE: “High-tech features, including shimmer and holographic effects, give denim an edge and appeal, aligning it with street culture and its performative sense of identity.” For standout fashion, high-tech finishing effects (such as reflective, metallic and PU coatings) are predicted to be popular in denim.
On-trend options can be found from overseas exhibitors, such as those in the Pakistan Zone:
• Indigo Textile control their product from yarn to finished fabric, which is certified by OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 and meets the Global Recycle Standard. Their collections include 4-D eXpanded (stretch denim), Retro-Relived (vintage inspired looks) and Habitat (breathable yarn for a “lived in” denim texture inspired by the earthiness of nature).
• Siddiqsons will bring comfortable stretch denim, as well as Tencel and cotton denim. Siddiqsons place importance on sustainable practices, such as responsible sourcing and minimising production waste.
• Azgard Nine will display denim fabrics made with Tencel and Modal
• Rajby Textiles will bring their Green Mystery collection of C2C Gold certified denim fabrics, including cotton and cotton blends, manufactured sustainably.
• Soorty develop their denim fabrics with inspiration from nature, while promoting their sustainable processing methods.
More options can be found with denim exhibitors from Turkey:
• Orta Anadolu will showcase their new innovative collections at the fair, which includes their ZERO-MAX® REVITALISED line. Described as “sustainable denim taken to the next level”, the fabric is crafted with unique twill and elasticity fusion to make the denim soft and shaping, while now being revitalised with more colour options, recycled polyester and post-consumer recycled denim. They will also bring their HALYS denim, coated with traditional artisanal red clay from a local river, for a unique texture and colour.
• Bossa will bring their new collections for the season, including Techknit denim woven with thermolite and wool fibres, velvety corduroy denims, Ultranero intense black denim, 100% sustainable denim and coated denim fabrics.
• Atlas Denim Tekstil will offer high quality and eco-friendly cotton denim fabric.
• Kipas Pazarlama will bring cotton and Tencel denim fabrics.
Preview the Beyond Denim display theme here.
The fair will be held concurrently with Yarn Expo Autumn, CHIC and PH Value from 25 – 27 September, at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai). Beyond Denim will be located in hall 7.2.
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition 2019 is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre. For more details on this fair, please visit: www.intertextileapparel.com. Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textile fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.
Notes to editors:
Download press materials
Follow Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics on social media
Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textiles fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500 employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €718 million. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
- ITSA19-PR5-en (pdf, 401 KB)
- ITSA19-PR5-image (jpg, 6 MB)